Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Monday I spent most of the day driving around town. Picked up wire that we took to a place that could cut 3/4" strips and 2" strips and strip the ends on a machine. The job was in total 5,000 pieces of cut teflon wire. Different colors allow us to use them to help identify what LED is in what configuration. They will be used for the PD build and LE builds.

Tuesday I worked converting old schematic and layout files to the my current version of the CAD software. I was able to convert over all the schematic pages and unsuccessful on the PCB layout file. I'll either have to redo the PCB from scratch of see if the customer can convert the file into another format I can inport.

Today I spent all day making four STFu converter boards. I made some minor code changes to eliminate the initial flash when the light is turned on that appears to be working fine. After making one and testing it I proceeded in the evening to make another three boards. I had to do some debugging as only one of the three came up without any hitches.

After testing all four boards I turned my attention to the Remora board and assembled three of these for the customer. I need to ship them so they can be tested. If they test good at the customer sites I'll then need to prep for a run of 500 of them. I'll need to buy all the parts and work with the CM to get the boards panelized and have the CM order the stencil.

We found a stability issue on the STFu and I was able to piggy on a fix that corrects the stability and if this tests out good I will have to roll the board once more for the final time before kitting and building the complete run for the customer.

I know this is a terrible photo, but, you can see the boards I assembled today.


I'm nearing completion of the prototype phase for all these boards and once that is done I can then focus almost exclusively most of my time to make inventory for the shoppe.

No comments: