
I completed the Makita light assembly and installed it into the Makita light today. It took most of the day thinking my way through the assembly process to ensure I did things in the correct order and making no mistakes along the way. The reflectors are held together with a large oring and it keeps the cluster held together nicely. When the reflector assembly is dropped into the head the oring provides some friction holding them in place.
The light is amazingly bright. It's hard to describe how much light low puts out. Most amazing.
I need to modify the Shark to raise the max output voltage to 26-28V and change the output capacitor from a 25V rating part to a 35V rated part. Once that is done the high will be achieved. As it stands now I can only get 70% of 500mA to the LEDs.
I've played for two days now and I'm much happier getting two of my other projects out of the way. I can now start planning and building light engines and other assemblies. Heck, I might even make some Seoul Sandwiches.
No comments:
Post a Comment