Thursday, February 1, 2007

I've been working on adding the special Function menu items for the night light and now have a fairly stable revision 1.2 firmware.

You can now adjust the photo sensitivity or even turn it off under user control, three brightness levels and an activity blink when it's asleep to just let you know it's still alive.

I need to make one board of the revision three and test all the functionality, mechanical and key component placement. Once that is done I will send out for boards and parts to assemble the first batch.

It looking like starting next week I'll be able to put the night light away in a good state of functionality and resume making light engines and other goodies for the shoppe.

The two protos had a bug when transitioning from on to off or off to on. it would flash more than once and sometimes get locked into full brightness. I found it today and now it turns on and off gracefully.

No comments: