I've been debugging the night light firmware and the Remora firmware.
There were two nagging problems with the Remora. When the light is first turned on the light would flash real bright and then go to the low level setting. This only occured on first power up. After that toggling the power switch the light would transition and the bright flash was not seen when toggling through the power levels. This one problem turned out to not be in the code but elsewhere and I finally nixed this problem. I spent the rest of the night determining why the second issue was the doing. I finally resolved what the second issue is and now the light behaves quite well and is stable to move on to the next phase to revise the board to add the two discretes that would normally be added to the Shark board and put them on the Remora making the upgrade simpler and to release the firmware for production.
I'm very happy with the functionality of the night light and I'm sure 85%-99% of the users will be happy with the current UI interface. I'm positive there will always someone that would beg to differ or expect it to work a different way.
I've ordered only one of the two configurations and want to explore the packaging. The external look and feel will hopefully add a clean look to the product. There are still a couple of areas that I'm not happy with and will explore those options with the first batch of boards.
The price or availability will be totally Dependant on the labor involved and how many steps there will be to complete the total assembly. I already see several glue operations and these take time and skill involved.
My goal is to complete these two projects in Febuary and get the Remora into production. The night light or tank light as it might end up being called will be made in small limited runs to keep inventory to a minimum.
I will in a week or so resume production of light engines, sandwiches and a few other shoppe related items for a short period to generate stock and inventory and then I'll go back to R&D mode and start working on my next project which is a clock that is extremely unique. It will be a remake of the clock I made a long time ago. You can see it here.
Friday, February 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment