I finished up the Remora Firmware. For the current customer the UI will be 4 levels. Low, Med, High, SOS. The SOS blink rate is approximately two per second. There is a interdigit spacing and a two blip spacing at the end before it repeats itself. I'm thinking it can be a little faster.
I made a derivative that has only three brightness levels. I modified 7 Sharks to move the upper voltage limit to 26V and added the mods so the Remora can be bolted on. I changed two of them to have maximum current of 750mA for the Makita Light and the two three level Remora and the two Shark 750s will be going to Don in the next package.
The UI remembers the last used level. Next time you turn on the light it comes back on in the last known state. This way you can put it in SOS mode, turn it off till you need it and then quickly turn it on and it will be in the SOS state. In other levels the light behaves more like a single level light coming back on in the last level you used.
I finally got a chance to load one of the 4AA Tank Light (Night light). After searching for where I placed all the parts I finished one up late tonight and got it working. I had one jumper wire I needed to add. A little boo-boo on my part.
I'm now thinking of gutting the design and moving to a larger part in the same microprocessor line. They both cost about the same and in going with the larger part I gain back the capability of re-programming in-circuit.
0, dang... Now I know why the battery voltage is not reading right. I forgot to disable that one pin. Yup, that is exactly why I want to migrate to the larger part. To get rid of this issue. I don't need the additional I/O lines or capability. I just need to not use certain key pins that are shared with the programming interface.
I'm excited to have put two new projects on the white board. Whether they pan out into reality or not we will have to wait and see. One is code named "GiDdy uP". Some of you might be able to actually guess what that one is.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment