Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve.

Todays goals are progressing well. I assembled a second proto for the LV detect circuit and made some code changes to improve A/D resolution. It tested well and without the level shifter it seems to work fine. Now I need to make the final PCB and send it off for fabrication.

I waited all day for the wind to pick up so I could do some engraving. Late in the day a slight 3MPH drift came in and I quickly ran the engraver and made some keychain logos to be given away as gifts tomorrow.



I'm soo sore now. it took 3+ hours to glue and assembly all 16 keyfobs. I lost one right off the bat, broke one putting on the split rings. I believe there are 13 left. The target was 10 finished units. Made enough to cover the requirements.

How were they made? The black was cut out first on the engraver. The inner logo was then cut a second time in the orange plastic and slightly oversized. The slightly oversized orange compensates for the width of the laser beam cutting the plastic generating a press fit into the black. The black C was glued into the orange logo and the logo was then glued into the black keyfob. Scrappage includes the orange C, and the black logos. The logo is for the San Franscisco Giants baseball team.

No comments: