Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The fixed lighting components are almost ready for launch on our site. We've got most of them online with pictures.

I tried starting a new thread in my forum, but, right now I'm a ticket holder and not a paid mfg so I can't start a new post. I didn't know that no one else can either. :(



We will be offering a starter kit similar to the photo above. I don't think we will include the wire. For internal wiring of the the 12V system and low power modules like the tri-clusters which only draw 20mA each I would suggest you get a reel of CAT5 cable if you can find it like I did at only $30.00 for a full spool.

If you can't find CAT5 then the next best bet is 3 conductor 24AWG wire. You should wire three conductors everywhere even though you only need two in this example.

The third conductor is used for alternate purposes. It's the dimming control for the high power modules.

The UR2 (3 wire), UY2 (2 wire) connects the modules to the wiring cable without the need for a soldering iron.

The nice thing about this system is you can start a run from the breakout panel and run it the full length to the end destination. At the end you can install one light using the UY2.

At each location you want another light you can cut the cable. Yes, you heard that correctly. Cut the cable. Stripping back the ends of the cable you can now "T" in another fixture using the UR2 connectors which accept three conductors since you just cut the +12, GND, signal and made two ends each and add the fixture. There will be three reds and three blacks to connnect the new fixture. You should connect the control wire together using a UY2 to allow it to still be connected from end to end or alternatively not connect it to isolate the control wire into zones.

By isolating the control wire into zones you can add a dimmer for either the high power modules or for the tri clusters and zone dimming for each zone using the same single run of cable.

The breakout panel accepts input of regulated 12V or battery voltage 12V and provides four 1A fused outputs. A connetor is provided accept a photosensor input which can turn on the breakout outputs on/off for dusk/dawn control.

No comments: