Friday, June 29, 2007

I've been coasting and resting lately. Seriously been trying to not stress my right eye. It seems I need to keep it shut for it to heal properly and yet I need to walk, move, work, drive etc etc. My right eye has over some 10 years gotten lazy and now the eyelid won't open fully. That's really my fault as I didn't go see a eye doctor early on and to compensate for the blurred vision I squinted or partially closed my eyes to distort my vision which made it better.

Now I'm trying to exercise my right eye and gain back some of the mobility, but, my second affliction of eczema is getting the better part of me with a long sustained flair up around both eye lids. The dry skin tends to provide an abrasive rub when I blink and that is causing a dry eye condition on top of the blurred vision.

I've had four presciptions now over the last 4 years or so and they are all OK for the left eye, but, incorrect for the right eye. Four years ago my right eye vision was soo bad that every time I blink my vision changed. It's better now, but, until I can stabilize my vision I doubt I will get a vaild pair of glasses for the right eye. For now I live without glasses and this is very bad. I have worked on exercising both eyes and now my vision is probably better than it was 10 years ago which is grea, but, still not 20/20. My right eye is probably more stable now than it has with most of the eczema gone. I'm still working and ridding it from the eye area and when I achieve that goal I'll go back and have my eyes checked. Hopefully I can get a valid prescription so I can see. My work is seriously impaired by this and I have not been able to work continuously for many years now. I literally need to take a break and close my eyes to recoup and the minute I do that I fall asleep. Well, I guess taking several hour naps is not that bad, unless you are trying to get something done.

No comments: