
I've loaded components on a batch of 25 boards of the 4AA Tank Light version and have approximately 40 123 boards finished and tested. Of the 123 there are some 25 that have tops, turrets and cannons and are ready to ship.
I've ordered more plastic and expect that to be here mid next week. By then I hope to have all 25 4AA fully tested and the rest of the 123s tested and waiting for tops.
The question of offering different colors is only hindered by the order process system of our e commerce site and the fact that I've set up a qty break point for more than one unit. The current shoppe software won't let me offer it in the ways I would like to do.
One idea being tossed around is to offer a line item specific for non standard configuration. You can then custom configure the Tank Light choosing the color for the top. This will be made on demand and will be treated as such with an additional surcharge for non standard configuration.
In this way if you like the flourescent orange top it may be possible to actually order one like that. I don't know how to bundle this as part of the qty break and for now will treat this as a seperate and unique product offering with a fixed price.
The other thing to consider is the soldermask alters the perceived color of the Tank Light. The 4AA has blue soldermask and the 123 boards have green soldermask. The 4AA Tank Lights appear darker with blue over blue even though the top is the same light blue transparent acrylic.
What I have not tested in detail is the interaction of the primary turret light and the photo sensor feedback in the three brightness levels and all the different color top configurations. There may be some that the highest sensitivity may go into rapid fire mode.
No comments:
Post a Comment