The corrected Tank Light 4AA boards came in today. I was able to assemble three of them today and they all tested and worked fine.
Yesterday I made more turrets and cannons and cut more 123 frames. Today I assembled more 123 units, tested them and programmed them. I now have 25 finished units with another 20 or so that need tops.
During function test the self test program caught all the missing solder joints I had made. The self test program tests 98% of the board. The only thing it does not test is the addtional battery holder and if it powers up the unit. That's one solder joint on one component that's not fully tested. After programming the units with the self test routine and verifying it's fully functional will the unit get programmed a second time with the actual Tank Light code.
I had two units that during self test would fail the photo sensor tests. After some investigation I found the two had extra sensitive photo sensors and with the cap that I use to cover the sensor was not enough darkness to trigger the microprocessor. Changing the photo sensor fixed those two units. When I get a chance I'll take some group shots of all the lights.
No progress has been made on Remora, GDuP, the new Shark converter board and several other boards. My priority task in order are the Tank Light first run production, Customer A, and Customer B projects. After those three there is the STFu board which is now in queue for production and should be assembled some time next week. The Remora board needs final Gerber generation, check the BOM one final time and then bundle it off and send it to the CM for assembly. The SOB board has shortages at the CM and both the CM and us have been to busy to review the shortage list and get the shortage parts over there to allow the SOB board to be run.
Taxes are coming soon and we have to file our Quarterly State taxes and we need to figure out how to file estimated Federal Taxes now. O, the joys of taxes.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wayne,
This is some very exciting stuff! I can't believe no one else from CPF is commenting here. I can't wait for the Tanks Lights and especially these new boards to start rolling out. Great work!
Post a Comment